Thursday, September 6, 2007

First Blog Post


JayJay 18 x 24 in. Oil on Canvas


I am new to the world of blogging, and decided to jump in. Here is a photo of a painting I did in a figure painting class one Sunday afternoon. I believe I captured the vitality of the model, as he stood in front of our class. He is a very strong and dynamic man.

I have been oil painting for almost a year now. Prior to experimenting with the wonderfully rewarding medium of oil paint, I spent most of my artistic efforts on drawing and watercolor. I enjoy painting portraits, still life, and getting outside to do a little en plein air.

In upcoming posts I will be sharing my work no matter the content and the medium.

I hope you enjoy the posts and please feel free to add comments.

2 comments:

Candy Barr said...

Nice kick off for your blog!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Hi Candy, thanks for the comment. This painting was chosen as my first post because of sense of purpose I feel when I view this painting and I wanted to start off with a sense of dedication and determination.