Sunday, October 7, 2007

Still Life w/ Apples


Gala Apples 6” x 8” Oil on Canvas Panel SOLD

In the fall I enjoy all the apples that are available in the stores. A few weeks ago as I was entering my favorite international food market, there in the entrance was a large container of petite gala apples, I bought several, but only had the opportunity to paint these two apples. Needless to say they were very tasty.

When fruit looks bright and beautiful, they will also be flavorful. In this painting I used the cool, crisp backcloth to embody the crunch and tartness of the apples, while the color and form of the apples are inviting and fun.

2 comments:

Feri said...

Hi Liz,

Thanks for sharing your beautiful paintings. I am very inspired. These apples are beautiful.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Feri! I am glad you like the apples.