Thursday, December 6, 2007

Beets from an Asian Market


Fresh Beets -- 9” x 12” Oil on Canvas SOLD

The other day I was in my favorite Asian food market when a saw this bunch of beets. They were so beautiful with the purple bulbs still covered in dirt and the electric green leaves with fuchsia stems. I was initially intimidated with attempting to paint them, as I really wanted to capture the extremes of the colors and textures. In the end, I am very pleased with the result and I look forward to finding something just as interesting the next time I shop at the Asian food market.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a right to be pleased with this one, it is really nice.

Don

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Don for the supportive comment. Also thanks for diving into the archives of this blog! It is fun getting comments on paintings from the past.