Thursday, April 24, 2008

Standing Figure


Untitled (Standing Figure) – 8x10 Oil on Canvas Panel SOLD

This figure painting is a fun and exciting piece for me. I completed it during one of my figure painting classes with Danni Dawson, she pushed me to see and interpret the different colors on this beautiful woman. With this painting, I treated the female as a whole being, rounded and with volume, then to push the painting more towards a modernist feeling I flattened the background. I feel it makes the figure more dynamic and while also creating an environment that only she belongs in.

Thanks, Liz

2 comments:

Carol said...

The skin colors bring this painting to life.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Carol, thanks for the compliment! The skin tones are what I enjoy so much in this painting as well! Liz