Thursday, November 11, 2010

Allied Artist of America Annual Exhibition

20101010 Birdnest and Bottle 14x11
{Still Life with Bird Nest and Bottle}
14" x 11" (35.6 x 28 cm) - Oil on Linen}

This year, I am participating in the Allied Artists of America 97th Annual Juried Exhibition. My painting, Still Life with Bird Nest and Bottle, will be part of this exhibit, on display from November 12th through November 30th at the National Arts Club.

Please stop in to show your support for this historic art institution, and for the talented artists chosen for this year's event. The National Arts Club is located at 15 Gramercy Park South in Manhattan, and is open M, W-F 10-12pm & 3-5pm, Tues 2-5pm. Hope to see you there.

8 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

I've used up all my superlatives! The glass bottle made me think of a Jeffrey Hayes painting. All the details in the nest are so well done. A beautiful painting!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thank you Virginia! I am honored by your kind words and support!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Great composition, Liz. The bird nest is just fabulous. Congratulations on having it in such a prestigious showing.

Elizabeth

Kate Lewis said...

I love how the blue bottle pops off the dark background. Also, the detail of the nest is really great! Congrats on your show.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Elizabeth! I am so honored to be part of this show :)

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Kate, the bottle was painted with many layers of glazes, all slightly different to increase the chroma and bring it forward.

Virginia Floyd said...

I just had to tell you that the book I ordered came today--"Painting the Still Life". I'm so glad you told us about it.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

wonderful news Virginia! I am glad you like the book :)