Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Back from Washington State

Pike's Place Market

Yesterday I flew back from Washington State, it was a whirlwind trip of visiting with members of my family that live there and some good friends from college.

Seattle was cool and dry, but once I got over the Cascades it was all white and snowy.

in Wenatchee
...from my sister's in Wenatchee...

along the Columbia River
...along highway 97 to Omak, WA. All the orchards look so cold and barren with the coating of white.

IMG_5242
My parents live outside Omak, Wa in a tiny community called Riverside. One of the days while visiting I went on a beautiful hike up the valley behind their house {here are more photos}.

copying from Vanderpoel
While on the plane I continued to copy from my anatomy books. This image is from the flight home.

Today was all about catching up on sleep and sorting things out... Tomorrow I hope to be back on schedule :) Until then, have a wonderful evening, Liz

2 comments:

theresamillerwatercolors said...

Hi Liz! I've been to Wanatchee once, a loooong time ago. I remember eating aplets and cotlets there! Lovely photos - I love Washington State!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Hi Teresa, I thought about aplets and cotlets when I was there but forgot to get some... I got some See's candies to bring home instead :)