Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Yellow Mums and Apple {a new small painting}

Still Life with Mums and an Apple
Still Life with Mums and an Apple
{7" x 5" (17.8 x 12.7 cm) – oil on linen panel}
Sold
Unframed painting: $100.00 starting bid + S&H

Hi,

Here is another still life with the yellow mums. When working on this still life I tried to blend my love of exactitude with the freshness of more impressionistic paint handling.

While painting I thought about how Fantin-Latour painted chrysanthemums and also a few examples by Claude Monet. They include enough detail that you can discern what type of flower is being painted but they also handle the paint so that their personality is revealed.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting,
Liz

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also I wanted to share a few photos of my beloved kitty, Slim.



She has been handling the new addition of Naomi like a real pro! She has never once been agressive towards our little girl, she exhibits more just a passing curiousity that is quickly supersceded by demands for some treat or food...



And when I am in the studio, Slim will often visit with me, typically taking up residence on my still life stand if it happens to be empty...

2 comments:

Diane Hoeptner said...

Wow, these last two flower paintings are exquisite. I LOVE the loose brushwork and colors!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Diane :) These yellow flowers have been a lot of fun.