Friday, December 23, 2011

Friday Inspiration: home pleasures & the year in review...


Here we are again at the end of a busy and blessed year. I find this time of year to be the best time to stop and contemplate the pleasures that are found at home. Yes, I am a home-body and I enjoy simple activities such as sitting on the sofa in the evening with my love, or reading cook books and this is the best time of year to do these things...

However, as I am preparing to pause and spend some quality time with my family I also feel compelled to reflect on all that has occurred this year. It has been a year of gifts, activities, and new opportunities.

In 2011, I experienced the joy of finishing my first copy of a master's painting at the National Gallery of Art. And getting the opportunity to participate in several member exhibitions at the Salmagundi Club in New York and the reward of collectors choosing to purchase and live with those paintings.

This year was also a year where I grew as an artist and made some friends that led to the development of a new project that will debut in January 2012. I am so looking forward to sharing with you this new series, so please stay tuned for what is to come...

And by far the greatest addition this year was the birth of our daughter, Naomi, and all the new experiences that go along with being a new parent.

May your holidays be filled with laughter and enjoyment, and spiced up with love!

Thanks for making this year so wonderful, Liz

{Naomi is now five-months old!}

{some baby oriented presents under our tree}
{Slim next to a blooming amaryllis}

2 comments:

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

Merry Christmas, Liz and family!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Sarah! Merry Christmas to you and your family! I hope you get a white christmas, we are having unusually warm weather...