Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dandelions {a new small floral painting} SOLD

Dandelions

Dandelions

{7" x 5" (17.8 x 12.7 cm) – oil on linen panel}
SOLD
Unframed painting

I truly love dandelions.

I think allowing myself to acknowledge this piece of information, is allowing myself to connect with my child-self, because as a kid I loved seeing the bright yellow flowers, yellow dots on a field of green. I also loved sitting in the grass and blowing dandelion puffs. And whenever an adult would see me doing this they would admonish me for spreading those "terrible" weeds, which my mind at the time could not see as being anything but wonderful.

2 comments:

Linda Popple said...

I've been enjoying your floral paintings. They are rich in color. Beautiful!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Linda :)