Monday, November 12, 2012

Quinces & Apple {Bountiful Observations no. 42}

Quinces and Apple

{8" x 8" (20.3 x 20.3 cm) – oil on canvas panel}
Framed painting: $400.00 starting bid + S&H

When I purchased these quinces from a local farmer's market, the guy tending the stall said that it was a rare person who knew what quinces were and who so determinedly made a selection of them, so he wanted to know what I was going to make with them.

I smiled, probably a little sheepishly, and said I was an artist and planned to use them in a still-life painting because I liked their shape and form.

Though maybe I will make this quince paste, and serve it with my favorite manchango cheese...



{14" x 14" (35.6 x 35.6 cm) with frame}

.............................................................................

This is a painting from my Bountiful Observations series, with 25% of the net proceeds of each sale being donated to the American Horticultural Society.

4 comments:

Woodside Park said...

Beautiful, Liz! I have never made anything with quince. BTW, are you free to visiting next Monday or Tuesday? I was out of the country, and have been busy catching up on life. Hope you all are well ~
xo
Loi

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Loi! I look forward to dropping by, I will send you an email with times :)

Gigi Thibodeau said...

This painting is gorgeous, Liz, and now you have me wanting to go in search of quinces so I can make that quince paste, too! xo Gigi

pve design said...

Stunning.
pve