Thursday, May 15, 2008

Three Pears - Separate and Together


Three Pear Frieze - 5-1/2” x 12” Oil on Canvas - SOLD

This is the third frieze composition I have completed. It was a lot of fun working to capture the variations of the colors on the skin of the pears. To me the pears seem to glow. I have included some detail photos to show the brushwork of the more tricky areas.

Thanks, Liz


I have recently started using DaVinci Maestro 3 hog bristle brushes, these brushes are more springy then the previous brand I was using . Making it possible to paint wet in wet and skim the rosy red colors over the wet yellow-green underpainting on this pear.


This pear was closet to my model light, so between breaks I would have to shut the light off to prevent "cooking" it!

2 comments:

belindadelpesco.com said...

Love these frieze paintings! Really nice format and lovely work. :o)

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Hi Belinda, Thanks for kind words, it has been real fun working on the freize paintings.