Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tomato on Stripes


Tomato on Striped Dishcloth – 8" x 6" Oil on Canvas Panel SOLD

Sometimes it is fun to revisit an experience and to see if with the passage of time, maybe some new skills have been gained and maybe there is even a sense of improvement being accomplished. This experience was encountered here in this painting where I revisited painting a striped dishcloth. A tomato is the focal point while in a previous painting a blood orange was the central focus. Thanks for dropping by and being part of my painting journey!

8 comments:

Cathleen Rehfeld said...

This is a compelling composition! I like the stripes with the red tomato. Thanks for stopping by my blog and the nice comment.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Cathleen, I do like the movement the stripes create.

Ed Terpening said...

Nice work. You had to get light/shade variations for lots of different colors here. Not easy to do.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Ed,

The stripes were a fun challenge. I have been playing with color saturation lately to help some colors receed and others to "pop" forward, and I found the stripes to be a perfect opportunity to test the ideas that have been forming in my mind to accomplish a forced sense of atmospheric haze in my still life setups.

Ester Wilson said...

your paintings are so beautiful!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Ester, thanks again for the kind words. Painting is still new to me and I am enjoying the journey!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

This is killer!
I've gone all the way back through your archives and just love your very accurate drawing. Your sketches are magical.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Mary! I have always drawn, but once I started painting, it was the only path from then on!