Monday, February 23, 2009

Cameo Apple Still Life


Cameo Apple – 6" x 6" – Oil on Canvas Panel – SOLD

This is an apple I painted over the weekend. Initially when I began this painting I was able to block in the shape and basics of the apple, but it just was not clicking. Typically when this occurs, I scrap down the painting and start over. This time I decided to go for a run instead, which made all the difference in the world. Being outside, in sunny but crisp weather, was enough to change my point of view and state of mind. When I returned to the easel, painting was easier, more energized.

The Decor8 blog has recently been running an article series about creativity, the second installment was about how exercise helps get the creative juices flowing. What sage advice! It worked for this painting.

No comments: