Sunday, July 25, 2010

Salmagundi Show and Reception

Salmagundi Kiosk
{outside the Salmagundi Club on 5th Ave.}


Hello,

This Friday S. and I took the bus up to NYC to attend the Salmagundi Club Non-member show where my painting of the Three Apples on a Crate was accepted. It was an amazing afternoon and evening. We walked around NY visiting a gallery, having a wonderful meal, and then seeing all the great art in the show. The variety of subject matter and style was inspiring, encouraging me to experiment and strive more.

As the reception was winding down a kind attendee let me know that my painting was included on the show poster! S. and I had entered from the other side and had not seen the poster.


Standing in front of my painting


Here is a photo of me and my painting, the portrait above is the of a man named Berry, who founded one of the farmer's markets in NYC. The artist of this portrait thought it was fitting that my painting of green apples was placed below his portrait as a green apple is the symbol of this farmer's market.

Here are a few more photos of the reception.

Salmagundi reception

Salmagundi reception

Salmagundi reception

On Saturday we spent the day at the Met, visiting the Picasso exhibit and touring other galleries, especially the European paintings. I took a lot of photos of various details from paintings that I found interesting.
Have a wonderful evening! Liz

6 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

How wonderful for you! And well-deserved, I might add. I think your paintings are some of the best I see on the web. And I look at at lot of blogs!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Virginia :) I really appreciate it!

LindaHunt said...

Congratulations...Wow what a crowd!
Very nice painting.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thansk Linda! It was a full of people, and the poor a/c was a little over burdened!

Zara H. said...

So nice to see you here and your 'green apples' are excellent, going well with the man's portrait above:) I wish I could attend such an exhibition too!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Hi Zara! it was a fun time and full of lots of inspiration :)