Sunday, April 20, 2008

Another Frieze Painting


Apple Frieze – 5-1/2” x 24” Oil on Canvas

This is the second frieze painting I have competed of a series I began earlier this year. I have been working on it since February. In this painting I have utilized the new techniques I have been learning from Danni Dawson and I have also been using glazes. The small paintings I sell on Ebay are typically painted in the alla prima manner very directly, where with this painting I would work on it for a few hours or a day and then have to wait for the paint layer to dry before I could commence on the next step I wanted to take.

I am hoping to get this painting into a juried show in the DC area, I will keep you posted if this ever occurs...

Here is a detail of the painting.




2 comments:

Sherrie Kersey said...

Wow, you have been at this for a while! Great work. Thanks for taking the time to comment on mine. I still hold to the comments on e-mail. Your work is right up there with the best.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks! It did take awhile but I think it was worth it. Sometimes slowing down brings about great rewards! I guess it follows the "Live Simple" motto