Monday, November 9, 2009

More to come during the week... I hope....


{Slim curled up in a new spot}

Hello~

During the weekend Slim found a new place to nap, my knitting basket, she especially loved curling up on a finished side of a sweater for S.

How was your weekend? Mine went by too fast. Minimal time was devoted to art making instead time was spent on focusing on prepping canvases and organizing and picking up my studio space. I now wish I had spent more time painting and enjoying the quite as you will see...

I am not sure how this upcoming week will progress as today was a pretty pitiful day. The building I live in started some heavy duty façade repairs today, where from 9:30 to around 4pm the sounds of jack hammers and concrete saws reverberated through my apartment, I was forced out of my home around 1pm today because the sound got so bad that headphones would not cancel out the noise. When I returned around 4pm the crew looked to be packing up.

This bodes evil as I use the day to paint, I think a new schedule will need to be sorted out so I can work around this, as management has said this project will go on until February. UGHHHH!!!!

S. recommended that I work into the night and sleep late until the construction starts up in the morning, so I may have to try that out, as nothing art related got completed today and I have a few paintings that need some finishing touches.

Well, I will let you go now and beg to defer posting any new art until tomorrow or Wednesday.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing with my woes,

Liz

5 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Oh, I feel for you. Hope you don't go nuts.
Do I detect that Slim has recovered from her malady? I SO love my Wendell and miss my Nizzy.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Mary, Today was not so bad becuause it rained and the construction crew was unable to work. I hope it rains tomorrow also ;)

Slim is stabilizing, and thanks for thinking of her. We will visit a special vet. internist sometime next month for some more tests. So at least she is not as in much danger as she was in Sept & Oct.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing, I always love hearing from you :)

Liz

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Oh, I'm glad to hear that. I love my remaining cat with all my heart and hope he lives to the miracle age of 20. I know of cats who have. We just had his vet check up and all is well. He still runs down the stairs and around the corner like a demon and he's 13! Kisses to Slim from us both.
I'm also glad to hear that the 'crew' wasn't able to bang and pound all day. Talk about stress!

Jala Pfaff said...

What is it about looking at the face and utterly relaxed body of sleeping cat...? I feel calmer and remember to breathe, when I watch cats.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Jala, I am the same way, and I actually become a limp noodle when they curl up in my lap... they share their relaxed energy then...