Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Inspiration: Take a Break Once in Awhile...

{Naomi in the backyard}

This week I learned that sometimes you need to slow down and take a break... What brought this important lesson home was that fact that I LOST a painting this week! And because things have been so busy, and off schedule, I have NO idea what happened to it!

Monday and Tuesday were exceptionally busy, long, and demanding days for me, and I just tried to incorporate too much into those days and losing a painting was the result.

...so, I just wanted to share with you, that sometimes the best source of inspiration comes from taking a break, getting away, and making time to be calm.

{Naomi taking her time while beginning to explore some...
oh, we can learn so much from just observing how babies
interact with the world around them.}

On Thursday, this is just what I did. We {Naomi and me} met a friend in DC to visit the French Galleries in the West Building of the NGA, caught up on things, and enjoyed the floral display in the rotunda.

{Me and Naomi at the NGA}

Have a wonderful weekend, and I hope you find a moment to just take some time for yourself.

UPDATE 3/26/2012:  I found the painting!  All I can say is, silly me...  now I have a system in place that will hopefully prevent a repeat of this EVER happening again!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

What a wonderful place to spend an afternoon!!! It sounds like you had a great day... I hope you find your misplaced painting :-)

Laura Leeder said...

Hi Liz,
Sorry to hear that you've lost a painting. Taking a break is good advice. The last few weeks have been filled with the business of art, marketing, painting and trying to manage social media marketing.
I wrecked a painting, as I was tired and continued to push myself.
Tomorrow is my day off. (Naomi looks adorable) Enjoy your weekend!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Hi Debbie, yes we had a fantastic day and it was a great place to "reboot" so to speak...

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Hi Laura,

I am sorry to hear about your painting, and I know what you mean about managing social media, it can be pretty overwhelming!

Have a wonderful day off, Liz

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Oh she is such a little precious Liz, and you look so happy.
I'm sure the painting will turn up.
Slowing down to enjoy Naomi is most important. They grow up so quickly.
Thanks for sharing.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Mary :)

It is great getting the support for you and others to slow down.

Have a great weekend! Liz