Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday Inspiration - Other Blogs


{Working on the final watercolors of the Awakenings Series}


Hello Friends ~

It is Friday already. How was your week? Mine was pretty good. I am still learning tons in this class (we are now finishing the third week). I enjoyed a fun lunch out with a friend and shared a slice of coconut cake. Yum. I have been working in different mediums this week as my back continues to get better. Hopefully next week I will be back a the easel painting away.

Here are some links I came across this week that have inspired me and hopefully will do so for you.

} Sarah Ahearn's Paper*crown, and she has an Etsy shop.

} Lisa Hebden - I am fascinated by her emotive portraits.

} Sara Winters - She captures water so well and has some great work in progress posts. I find it interesting that her painting ground is a bright crimson. This is new to me and am thinking it maybe something to try.

} Parallel Botany is offering a free wallpaper for your desktop. I really like the calm beauty of the image.

Here is a quote I read early this week and it has been floating around in my head.

"Be guided by feelings alone... Before any site and any object, abandon yourself to your first impression. If you have really been touched, you will convey to others the sincerity of your emotion." Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot

What has captured your imagination this week? Anything special, leave a link in the comments as I would love to learn about it.

Have a wonderful weekend and see you Monday, Liz

2 comments:

Lisa Hebden said...

Hey Liz, thanks for the compliment!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Your welcome Lisa :)