Sunday, April 5, 2009

Travel Sketchbook & Passion for Painting Award

Hello-

How was your week? Last week tagging along with Steve on his business trip went well. I got to meet some of his colleagues and their wives. During the day, I took tons of photos and posted some of them on my other blog and flickr. While away I was able to sketch a few times, below are the entries made in my moleskin sketchbook.

This was the mountain view from our hotel room.

A restaurant in Albuquerque


Waiting to depart New Mexico for DC



While I was away, Trish Siegel nominated me for “A Passion for Painting” award. Thank you Trish for the honor!


The recipient of this award must share seven things he/she is passionate about, and then pass the award on to seven others (who are free to participate or pass). Here goes … Seven things I am passionate about:

1. Eating and cooking healthy food, avoiding preservatives

2. Simplifying my life while adding time spent with friends and loved ones.

3. Following blogs that are not directly related to art, such as: Absolutely Beautiful Things, Chez Larsson, and Orangette

4. Swimming laps

5. My kitty, Slim

6. Morning time spent with my husband, Steve.

7. Working on my art career


Now the seven artists to watch and be inspired by:
Ester Wilson
Stacey Peterson
Jeff Hayes
Ambera Wellman
Kevin Wueste
Heather Smith Jones
Geninne


Now that the weekend has come to a close I am looking forward to beginning the new week. I will start the week off tomorrow painting. Stay tuned for a new daily painting and thank you for dropping by. Liz

6 comments:

Dean Grey said...

I love, love, love seeing other artists sketches.

These are just great!

I especially love the bottom two that were done with a reddish-brown technical pen.

Very precise and quick at the same time.

Really neat to see these! Thanks for sharing them.

-Dean

Mariss said...

Talk about amazing drawings! I just love your sketchpad, and the looseness of your line drawings. Gorgeous work :)

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Dean. I love sketching and really need to make it more of a habit instead of when I go away from home :)

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Mariss, thanks for dropping by and commenting. I got lots of practice with line drawing as an architect, one of the really good skills that transitions well to my new career.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Yes, an architect. You draw really well. I love your sketchbook, especially the planes!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Mary!