Saturday, March 15, 2008

Green and Purple


Three Green Pears – 5" x 7" Oil on Canvas Panel SOLD

Green and purple have always been a favorite color combination. I keep coming back to it in paintings, and with green pears with the variety of the value and hue that is found in them, the combination is never truly repetitive. On a side note, I think the emotional attachment to this color combination stems from when I was in junior high, there was a blouse with green and purple plaid fabric, I really, really wanted it. Alas I never was able to possess it, so when I am painting these colors I think sometimes my heartstrings are being pulled and I am satisfying some deep sense of satisfaction through my painting…

Well maybe that is what is going on, or I just have never gotten over my absolute love of how these colors just come together…

No comments: