Monday, May 5, 2008

Yellow Bell Pepper


Yellow Bell Pepper – 6" x 6" Oil on Canvas Panel SOLD

This is another bell pepper painting I completed this weekend. I just love how the pepper is somewhat translucent and the shadow side of the pepper down at the base glows orange. I had not observed that in the painting with two bell peppers… I do not know if anyone else experiences this, however when I am painting something, I think I am taking it all in, and if I paint the same item again in a different setup I see totally new characteristics. I wonder if it is the familiarity of the object that changes what I see, so I can absorb new aspects… I do not know, maybe I will investigate it more and share with you my very unscientifically gathered research information.

Take care, and Happy Cinco de Mayo!

No comments: