Saturday, July 18, 2009

Habanero #2 {a daily painting}


Habanero Pepper #2 – 5" x 7" (12.7 x 17.8 cm) – Oil Canvas Panel

I am finding painting peppers are fun. I am drawn to the wrinkles and how highlights will be on the crests and in the valleys. This photo does not really do it justice, same for the first pepper, because the texture in the dark background is just really setting off a bunch of interference reflections and this competes with the intense color of the pepper. I am working to figure out a way to overcome this hiccup, if I can get a better photo tomorrow I will share it with you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice and spicy colors! And I like how the black background looks like it consists of many other colors as well!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Anna, I am glad you stopped by :)

gordo said...

That's a great painting. Do you sell a larger print?

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Gordo, at this moment I do not sell any prints, maybe in the future...