Friday, August 20, 2010

New Work Delivered

New Still Life Series
{new still life series}

Yesterday I delivered these eight paintings to Shooting Star Gallery in Suffolk, VA in preparation for a group show, "Food for Thought... ". This series has been my main focus for the past four weeks. The show opens on August 28th, and the reception will be held on Saturday, September 18, from 5:30 to 7:30pm. I will post more information about the individual paintings once the show opens.

Before driving to Suffolk yesterday morning I hung the series in my living room to get an idea of how they may look in a home. Sometimes I get myopic when looking at my paintings on the easel and find it is important to view a painting in a different setting. I think these would look lovely in a dining room...
...............................................................................

This week has been wonderful, getting this series completed, delivered to the gallery, and receiving the good news that my painting "Fresh Peaches" has been accepted into the Audubon Artists Annual Juried Show, which will be held in NYC at the Salmagundi Club Galleries on 5th Avenue in September. So this fall I will be in back to back shows in the big apple, this one and the Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club Annual Open Exhibition in October.

With all that is in the works, I am eager to start something new, and to pursue some new ideas that appeared last night when I was trying to go to sleep. I was so tired yesterday but unable to unwind and fall asleep... Does this ever happen to you? New ideas, concepts just start popping into your head and they seem so great that you are distracted and must stay awake alittle longer to think about them more. Well that was my night last night, hopefully tonight I will fall directly asleep.

Have a wonderful evening and weekend,

Liz

...............................................................................

6 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

They look great, Liz. Best of luck with your show.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thansk Mary :)

Kerri Settle said...

This is a gorgeous collection! It's great to see all those little beauties hanging together.

Amber L. Bailey said...

These do look very lovely on your wall! Great to see them all hung together, really eye catching.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Hi Kerri! It is nice seeing them hang together :)

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Amber for stopping by, it was nice seeing them in my living room, and I am even more excited to see how they will be hung in the gallery...