Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Still Life with Lemon, Aster, and Bottle {a new small painting}

Still Life with Lemon, Aster, and Bottle

{6" x 6" (15.2 x 15.2 cm) – oil on linen panel}
Please email me to purchase, contact[at]elizabethfloyd.com
Framed painting: $300.00 + S&H if not local

Here is another framed 6" x 6" painting with a composition that has everything I love, reflections on glass, a floral element, and an ongoing challenge - the lemon. I find lemons to be particularly challenging because of the light value of the yellow, the rough texture of the peel, and the variations in color temperatures and the nuances of colors I see in the yellow rind, yellows tinted towards orange, green, blue, and purple... sometimes I go overboard when painting them and I lose the "gist" of the lemon.

With this painting I worked to simplify while also using the texture of the linen to emulate the rough surface of the rind.

Thanks for stopping by and reading,
Liz

PS, here is how it looks framed.

No comments: