Monday, January 2, 2012

Alstroemerias {Bountiful Observations no. 1}

Alstroemerias

{8" x 8" (20.3 x 20.3 cm) – oil on canvas panel}
Framed painting: $300.00 + S&H

Hello,

Here is the first painting of many to come in the Bountiful Observations series. I am so excited about starting this project. I am anticipating that having the goal of posting a new painting each week will help me establish a regular routine this year, helping me balance being both an artist and a mother.

This painting was completed from life over a number of days. Alstroemerias keep for a long time if you keep the water full and refreshed, so I was able to focus on each bloom and utilize some glazes to capture some of the soft pinks in the petals. I also soften all the edges of the flowers that were more in the background, thus heightening the focus on the flowers that were centered and forward.

Every painting in this series is available for sale framed.

{14" x 14" (35.6 x 35.6 cm) with frame}

.............................................................................

This is a painting from my Bountiful Observations series, with 25% of the net proceeds of each sale being donated to the American Horiticultural Society.

No comments: