Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Inspiration: Books about Landscape Painting {Free Online}

{the blustery sky today}

Today we are having an unusally warm day, I have the windows open in the house, and it is wonderful being able to air out the rooms and hear the birds chirping in the distance.

It is the end of January, but it feels like spring is just around the corner... which means I will be able to go out and paint en plein air soon! So with that in mind, I thought I would share with you some of my favorite landscape books that are available online.


Landscape Painting by Birge Harrison
{as a side-note, do not bother purchasing a re-printed copy of this book on Amazon because the scan is so poor. I did because I love to have a book infront of me that I can add highlights, dog-ears, and notes, but I was terribly dissappointed in the quality of the book and find the link above to be a much better quality, so I wasted paper and time with the purchase...}

The Art of Landscape Painting in Oil Colour By Sir Alfred East

Imagination in Landscape Painting By Philip Gilbert Hamerton

Brush and Pencil Notes in Landscape By Sir Alfred East

Light and Water: a study of reflexion and colour in river, lake and sea By Sir Montagu Montagu-Pollock

Landscape and Power By W. J. Thomas Mitchell

Have a wonderful weekend and see you Monday! 

Liz

No comments: