Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Inspiration: Mark Lijftogt

Plate with olives
15.75" x 17.72" (40 x 45 cm)

A contemporary dutch still-life artist I have recently come across is Mark Lijftogt, I am not really certain how I stumbled across his work, but boy am I glad I did!

I absolutely love the reflections in the green bottle above, how the white plate is distorted in the reflection and how you see just a slight hint of his easel.

The way he captures the quite mood of simple objects is something that just speaks to me, I like how all the colors in his paintings are muted, like you know the weather was a bit overcast outside when he was at his easel.

Well, here are a few more images to enjoy and I encourage you to visit his website to see more of his work.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Liz

Bread basket with red apples + nectarine
15.75" x 17.72" (40 x 45 cm)


Still-life with, pears and cream-coloured jar
19.7" x 23.6" (50 x 60 cm)


Cabinet with lemons + bottle
11.8" x 13.6" (30 x 34.5 cm)

Photo credit: Courtesy Mark Lijftogt

No comments: