Monday, February 6, 2012

Mums in a Blue Pitcher {Bountiful Observations no. 6}

Mums in a Blue Pitcher

{8" x 8" (20.3 x 20.3 cm) – oil on canvas panel}
Framed painting: $300.00 + S&H

I began this series as a way to celebrate life and to further explore and capture the wonderful and heartfelt.

With this painting I wanted to experiment with a bird's eye view to maximize the visual diversity found in the two types of mums. It also allowed me to incorporate the embroidered detail of a linen handkerchief that had recently been given to me by a dear friend.

An added benefit of this painting is that it now also celebrates the wonders of friendship.

{14" x 14" (35.6 x 35.6 cm) with frame}

.............................................................................

This is a painting from my Bountiful Observations series, with 25% of the net proceeds of each sale being donated to the American Horticultural Society.

2 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

Really beautiful, Liz! I love the light hitting the edges of the petal on the orange mums. The stitches on handkerchief are dainty and delicate. I like the way the light hits a few of the stitches and the crease in the fabric. Love it!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Virginia! It is always a pleasure reading your comments and I love how we have the same sensibilities!