Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Figs no. 2 {a daily painting} SOLD

Figs no. 2

{6" x 5" (15.2 x 12.7 cm) – oil on linen panel}
SOLD

It is always my goal to be a little bit ahead, so for the weeks where all sorts of things come up and it becomes more difficult to complete a painting, hopefully I will still have something new to post and share.

This painting sold at an arts festival "Arts on the Avenue" held Oct 6th, nearby in Alexandria's neighborhood of Del Ray.  During the festival, I displayed most of my extra supply of paintings and to my good luck, many of them sold.

This extra supply has been especially helpful, because last week I did not get to paint except for one afternoon, and I ended up having to scrape that painting down, because I had to make an emergency visit to the vet for my kitty, Slim.

{Slim lounging on the couch in better days...}

She had been suffering from an eye infection that got significantly worse at the end of last week.  It was a busy weekend tending to Slim and making sure she was comfortable.  Yesterday, Slim had a consultation with a Veterinarian Ophthalmologist {thank goodness they exist and we have them in the region} and we are now on a regime of medicine, drops, and pain killers.  Hopefully our little lady will begin to feel better soon.

I am hopeful that this week will see marked improvement in Slim and that I will also snatch some productive hours in the studio... I have since lost my cushion and now need to scramble some!

And, if you are a cat person, please send positive thoughts towards my little kitty.  She is SO very special.


4 comments:

Debbie said...

I know how you feel, we've had our special kitty for 14 years, and whenever she isn't feeling well, it worries us all, and we just don't feel right until she is back to her old self! I hope your kitty is better soon!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks so much Debbie! Just sharing Slim's condition has helped me out and I appreciate your comment :)

mary said...

Hi Liz, I'm a cat and dog person and I know the love that we give them is returned ten fold...sending prayers for Slim.
Mary

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

They are family- love is love, so I understand and appreciate your devotion. Sending warmest vibes for Slim and yourself.
By the way, the figs are gorgeous.