Monday, October 29, 2012

Petunias I - First of a Triptych {Bountiful Observations no. 40}

Petunias I

{8" x 8" (20.3 x 20.3 cm) – oil on canvas panel}
Framed painting: $400.00 starting bid + S&H

The first of three, inspired as the fictitious centerpieces of a table set for tea with friends.

This painting began when the DC region was experiencing warm and sunny days, so much so that my petunias were thriving!  They were so beautiful, they deserved to be the focus of more paintings before the first frost occured.

I was drawn to their varying pinks and how they paired with the colorful and whimsical vases and bowls I have from the store Anthropologie.

Anthropologie has the wonderful aesthetic of combining vintage one-of-a-kind items with a colorful and hip feeling.  I just love going into their store and browsing, inspiration abounds, especially in the house goods section!

{14" x 14" (35.6 x 35.6 cm) with frame}

.............................................................................

This is a painting from my Bountiful Observations series, with 25% of the net proceeds of each sale being donated to the American Horticultural Society.

No comments: