Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Yellow Irises


Yellow Irises 6” x 8” Oil on Canvas Panel

This painting was completed at the National Horiticultural Society Headquarters on the Potomac River south of Washington, DC. The NHS site is a plein air painter’s paradise. With each season the gardens have beautiful plantings in bloom and there is always something new to be seen. I painted this painting in April when the irises were in bloom, in reality there was a brick path behind the irises, however I choose to push the background more towards violet/purple to bring out the vibrancy of the yellow in the flower petals.

I hope you enjoy this image of nature and the beauty of a delicate flower as much as I do.

This painting is for sale $85.00, if you are interested please send me an email.

Thanks for visiting, Liz

No comments: