Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pumpkin and Leaves Still Life


Pumpkin and Leaves – 6” x12” – Oil on Canvas Panel – SOLD

This is another painting from the pumpkins and squash Steve and I got in October.

Over the weekend following Thanksgiving, I roasted pumpkins that were also gathered at the same time as the one in the painting was. This was my first time to make my own puree. It turned out easier than I had expected, two smallish pumpkins (together they weighted 6.4 lbs.) yielded enough pumpkin puree to make two pies, 16 pumpkin pancakes, and one more cup of pumpkin puree for a future recipe. Maybe pumpkin muffins…
Here is a photo of one of the pies.

2 comments:

MANPOLO said...

Love your still life. Where is whip cream?

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks for commenting. Funny thing is I just like eating the pie and hardly ever add whip cream, so I forget about it. Maybe over xmas when I make some more desserts I will add whip cream :)