Sunday, February 22, 2009

Awakening 1


Awakenings I – 2-1/2” x 2-1/2 – watercolor

I have started to experiment with watercolors again, small pieces that are inspired by emotion and color. This is the first of the Awakening Series, which will record this time of transition from working fulltime as an architect to working fulltime as an artist.

Tomorrow, February 23rd, I am resigning from my current job. March 20th, 2009 will be my last day of fulltime architecture employment. This has been a dream of mine for a long time and it has been a goal that Steve and I have been working on for now close to five months. I have wanted to focus on art fulltime for several years, but it was more of a dream than a reality. And this gigantic step would not be possible without the wonderful support of my husband, family, friends, and patrons. Thank you for the wonderful support! Liz

10 comments:

Karen Hargett said...

Congrats! How wonderful! I don't know that I'll ever get there but I'm always so happy for those who do.

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Wow! Big step Elizabeth and one that takes lots of courage! Congratulations and good luck!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Karen! It has been several years in the making, so if you keep the dream alive and work towards it step by step it is possible.

Thanks for stopping by :)

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Hi Carol, Thanks for the support. I am really looking forward to having a full work week to dedicate to painting and art exploration.

Anonymous said...

Liz, best of luck for both you and Steve. I have enjoyed your work.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Uncle Frank for the support! I am glad you have been enjoying the work. Please stay in touch and comment when you can.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am SO happy for you! I worked in a job for years that sucked the life out of me, and for my 25th anniversary my husband had figured out how we could do without my paycheck - so I could paint full time. It's been an amazing thing, and I'm grateful to the universe, and my husband in particular, that he knew how much this dream meant to me. You will bloom, you will SO enjoy yourself! I can't wait to see your journey!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thank you Kelley. This is a dream come true, and we are lucky ladies that we have the wonderful support of our husbands. I am very grateful for this opporutunity!

Paula Villanova said...

I love your Awakening Series project. What an interesting, visual way to record your journey. Best of luck on your new venture. You'll be just fine!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Hi Paula, thanks for dropping by. I am glad you like the series, so far it has been a great way to express my feelings when words escape me.