Thursday, June 18, 2009

{3} Summer Journal

Watercolor & Acrylic Ink in Moleskin Sketchbook

Hi,

How has your day been? I hope you are having better weather then we are in the DC area. All I can say is that I am tired of the gray clouds and down pours of rain. Today we received a real gully washer, with water starting to back up into my patio because the drains could not divert the water fast enough. My plants are waterlogged and look beaten down some, I am hoping for sunny days.

Today was also the first time to use some acrylic ink I got last month. I used a crow-quill pin to draw with it and so far I like it. Though it would probably read a better if I had waited for the watercolor paper to dry 100% before drawing with the ink. I was just too impatient to wait.

If you have a chance be sure to visit the echoes flickr group, there are some wonderful and inspiring summer images shared there.

Have a good day, Liz

4 comments:

Kerri Settle said...

Looks like we've been sharing the same weather! I'm hoping for a day of sunshine soon; hope you have some coming your way too.

Karen Hargett said...

Cute painting. I wished I had some of your rain. We are still in extreme drought here in Central Texas. My grass, pasture and plants are parched and crispy. :-{ I guess the lesson here is too much of anything is not good ;-)

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

I hear you Kerri! Some more sun is most welcome! Hope you get some sun this weekend :)

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Karen, how strange you are drying out and I am wrinkled from all the rain, let's hope we switch weather patterns soon.

Where are you in Texas? Most of my family live in and around San Antonio.