Wednesday, August 12, 2009

National Gallery of Art {a daily painting}

National Gallery of Art (west wing) – 6" x 6" (15.25 x 15.25 cm) – Oil on Gessoed Panel
SOLD

This is the view of the National Gallery of Art from in front of the Air and Space Museum on the National Mall. Sometimes I will head down to the Mall on Sunday mornings to sketch and visit the museums before they get crowded, this is a peaceful time when a few people are jogging, the hordes of summer tourists have yet to be deposited by the tour buses and the sun is bright but not hot. I use this time for think space, where I get inspired, plan the week, and overall muse about the various projects I am working on. By noon the magical atmosphere has changed to that of busy and populated park and I head home to work in my studio or to cook a nice weekend meal.

No comments: