Sunday, January 3, 2010

Last Word on 2009 and the Final Painting of that Year

Apple and Roses – 8" x 8" (20.3 x 20.3 cm) – Oil Canvas Panel
Available in my Etsy Shop

Happy New Years!

It is with great excitement that I enter this new year! Are you full of ideas and plans for the coming new year?

I have always liked this time of year, the time to think about the past year and to set about planning for new things to come. Usually I reserve the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day to set out my goals so I may jump into the new year with gusto, however this year I found myself struck with a very bad cold and only really recovering with a full bill of health yesterday. So I will use this first week to establish goals and set out benchmarks for the coming year.

Now that S. and I are settled into the new home {with some remaining boxes still unpacked in the corners of the living room and dining room}and my studio ready to get work done in, I am excited to get going. But before that, I want to share the last painting completed in the old studio. When I had to stop working on this piece because of the construction going on, I thought I would get back to it once settled in the new home. Though since unpacking and setting out the painting and looking at it again I realize I am happy with it and like it as a record of the last painting before the big change of an unplanned move took over my life during the end of November and all of December.

Here is to all the glorious changes that occurred at the end of 2009 and all the great things to come in the new decade.

Best wishes to you in this new year! Liz

No comments: