Monday, March 29, 2010

Hello,

How are you on this Monday afternoon? DC is having a bout of cool gray weather, I am hopeful that the weather predictions of warmer and sunnier days starting Wednesday are true! Until then I will make the most of the time by working inside.

Yesterday was a gray day also and it dampened my desire to paint, so instead I decided to get out some different steel quill pens and experiment some.


20100328 ink dwg 1

20100328 ink dwg 2

20100328 ink dwg 3


These three drawings were copied from the Metropolitan Museum of Art online Works of Art database. I have such a high respect for asian art and their use of line.

5 comments:

ale balanzario said...

Hola Elizabeth, what a beautiful drawings, so delicate, so natural.
Your blog looks very nice now.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Gracias Ale, me encanta cuando tu visite mi blog :)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

these are beautiful. Sometimes I copy paintings that I like to get a feel for the way they're constructed.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Mary. I have yet to copy a painting, but after having such fun with these drawings I am definitely thinking about it :)

Which paintings have you copied?

Paula Villanova said...

I really love these. It's a great idea to put down the paintbrushes every once in a while and simply draw, but I particularly love the pen and ink technique...it's been too long since I've tried it...I''ve been cheating and using razor point felt pens!