Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Marigold and Brown Bottle {a new daily painting}

Still Life with Marigold and Brown Bottle

{7" x 5" (17.8 x 12.7 cm) – oil on linen panel}
Unframed painting: $100.00 starting bid + S&H

As an artist, I am inspired by the beauty found in the common objects that populate my life. I strive to share my sense of beauty by developing scenes that evoke emotion, spur a remembrance, and find a way to communicate an observed detail.

One of the pleasures related to creating a still-life painting is the opportunity it affords to slow down and really absorb, with intention, the objects in front of me. Providing the opportunity to appreciate and revel in the layers of contemplation that make up the experience of creating a piece of art.

My goal as an artist is to also share this experience with you, the viewer, creating paintings that cross over and maybe speak to you. Encouraging you to find a moment to be still, pause in the busy course of the day and feel the wonder and beauty in your life.

I hope this blog post inspires you to stop and notice something that strikes your fancy today.

Thanks for stopping in,

Liz

5 comments:

Woodside Park said...

It's beautiful, Liz! I love the colors together. And the reflection of the marigold in the bottle.
Hope all is well.
Cheers,
Loi

Kathryn Hansen said...

I saw Gray Symphony - Quiet Moment on someones FB page this afternoon and usually I am not a still life lover but that piece...and so many of your other pieces are just incredible...I love them!!! Beautiful work!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Loi! I love it that Autumn is on its way and is showing itself in the garden with flowers like marigolds and mums blooming in profusion :)

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Kathryn, Thanks so much for sharing with me :) This is the most important and rewarding aspect of being an artist, communicating an observed detail that speaks to others...

I hope you visit often :)
Liz

Sherry Schmidt said...

Liz, you are an expert at painting glass!