Friday, January 18, 2013

Five Things to Admire on Gray and Rainy Winter Days {Friday Inspiration}

1. Puddles

Whether it is the pattern rings from raindrops, the mirror-like reflectivity, or the varied reflections from debris, puddles can be beautiful.




2.  Drops of Water on Branches

Water droplets are like little jewels dangling from branches. 




3.  Surface Textures

On damp days, textures seem to stand out more.





4.  Pattern of Tree Branches




5.  How Green Green Appears

I love how bright and brilliant green seems on gray days, this is something I had never noticed before.  



The weather has been particularly gray and somber this week, and I began to wonder what was worth noticing and appreciating.  And after a few days of going out in the cold drizzle I found many details to admire. 

Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
Liz

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Thanks Liz, your post is a nice "pick me up" It snowed here overnight, and I was not happy about it, but now I'll remember to look for the beauty in it:-) enjoy your weekend

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Hi Debbie,

I am so happy to hear this post spoke to you. I find the winter a difficult time to really appreciate all it offers, but if I just take a moment and observe some more, I always seem to find something to admire...

have a wonderful weekend, Liz

pve design said...

Liz,
your photography is wonderful. I love all the seasons and appreciate and admire all the nuances of each change. I am in hopes for some snow....we are off to ski.
pve

Sherry Schmidt said...

Liz, Thank you for the wonderful photos! Gray days can be lovely!

Woodside Park said...

Beautiful photos, Liz. I actually love gray wintery days. At least until mid February :)
Hope you all are enjoying this long holiday weekend ~ cheers, Loi