Monday, January 28, 2013

Three Yellow Roses {Bountiful Observations no. 48}

Three Yellow Roses


Hello,

Have you ever been inspired about something, and despite other obligations you jumped in and went for it?

This was such a painting. I had a ton of tasks waiting for my attention, but the pull of these three roses just won. And I am so happy they did because now this painting preserves the special quality of light that only shines into my studio when there is snow on the ground.

The light was so bright and vibrant, and these roses were just asking to be recorded before their time was over.

Here is an in progress photo I shared via Instagram {efloydstudio}



{8" x 8" (20.3 x 20.3 cm) – oil on canvas panel}
{14" x 14" (35.6 x 35.6 cm) with frame}
Framed painting: $400.00 + S&H
.............................................................................

This is a painting from my Bountiful Observations series, with 25% of the net proceeds of each sale being donated to the American Horticultural Society.