Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lemon Still Life - Blue, Green, and Yellow


Bowl with Lemons– 6" x 8" – Oil on Canvas Panel – SOLD

Yesterday with a day off was spent painting. I am looking forward to when painting during the week is a regular occurrence, but now it is just a luxury I savor.

For this painting I thought it would be fun to paint with an analogous palette of blue, green and yellow. Occasionally I would mix in red to either knock the saturation of a color down, or with the white bowl, to create a color vibration off of the predominating colors in the painting. This is an exercise I am going to play with more in the future.

4 comments:

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

The inclusion of red in this piece really brings it to life I think Liz. It always amazes me how a little of something in the middle of a lot of other stuff shows up so strongly...or something like that...

Jeffrey

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Hi Jeffrey, I totally agree it is the little things that can make a such a difference. Like the saying goes "God is in the details"

Anonymous said...

I like how juicy you make the colors turn out - not an easy feat! Also like the yellow against the blue!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Anna, I too am really drawn to saturated colors, the brighter the better.

Thanks for stopping by.