Monday, January 5, 2009

Two Honeycrisp Apples


Two Honeycrisp Apples with a Linen Napkin – 6" x 8" – Oil on Canvas Panel – SOLD

This is the second painting of white linen. I added another apple to the mix, and since the apple on the side was deeper in value, I also got to play with how to represent reflected light in a convincing manner without it taking over my shadow shape on the apple.

I really love the various puzzles and problems that can be created when deciding to paint. I guess this is why I find painting to be so satisfying and relaxing. I can tackle a problem, experience the journey of investigation, and then look at the end result and analyze what the results were. When I was in architecture school, this was what I loved most to, the investigation, research, and analysis of the found results.

6 comments:

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Both of these apple paintings are wonderful Liz!

Great job on the linen. I think I need to think about taking a page out of your book...hmmm.

Jeffrey

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Jeffery

Theresa Rankin said...

Yummie!!!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Nice job - the addition of the cloth was brave and well done!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Theresa for stopping by :)

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Hi Kelley, painting the cloth may have been brave, however I sometimes seek the challenge and then deal with the consequences. Like the paintings that ended up being scraped down.