Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Green Pear Still Life


1 & 2 make 3 – 6" x 8" Oil on Canvas Panel SOLD

For this still life I departed from my typical lighting method of being from above and somewhat directional. For this composition I positioned the light low, to cast long shadows. The way the shadows group together on the back wall was a happy occurrence, with the pears being grouped as a single and a duo. Color palette wise I utilized the purple and green, to also establish a color tension.

This weekend when visiting Fawzan Barrage's blog artEzan, I noticed how he copywrited his paintings, even with the copywrite notice on the bottom of this blog page, it seemed like a good idea to start implementing this. So in photoshop I recorded an action that automatically creates one for me. If you get a chance, please stop by his blog, as his oil pastels and watercolors are just beautiful!

2 comments:

ZanBarrage said...

Liz, Thank you for mentioning my blog. I love your Oils very much! Another thing that you may want to do in Photshop is to add info to your jpg image. If you go under file, you will see an option for that. If you click on it you will find many things that you can add. these elements stick to your image and effectively copyright it against the new orphan laws.

Best of Luck,
Fawzan

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Hi Fawzan, Thanks for the advice, typically I ignor that phase of saving a jpeg file, but not anymore!