Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Birthday Gift for my Niece Lisa


+/- 24" x 12" watercolor paper & black ink

Yesterday, Steve and I went to visit our neice to celebrate her 6th birthday. This year for her birthday we gave her some art supplies. Some paint brushes, two watercolor kits, and a cute table-top easel that converts into a carrying case for her art supplies. In addition of those items, I also drew a banner with her name on it that she can paint with her new watercolors.

When I was a little girl, I had an aunt that always gave me gifts like this. Looking back I really think fondly of them and how special they were to me. I had this one table cloth that was designed to be colored on, so I think for a year I must have worked on filing in the various line drawings. I do not know what happened to it, probably lost in the very MANY moves I had during my youth as my parents moved the family around to different cities and states... Even being lost, it is etched in my memory as being a wonderful gift, and this was the goal of drawing this banner for Lisa. I think she likes it, as she immediately wanted to start painting it after all of her gifts had been opened.

I hope your weekend was a pleasant one. My weekend seemed to go by very fast, but it was also alot of fun. Take care, Liz

No comments: