Thursday, March 19, 2009

Another Black Background - Mango #4


Mango #4 – 6" x 8" – Oil on Canvas Panel – SOLD

Since Tuesday I have been using the black background for still life objects. The effect is so beautiful, that it just seems natural to try another and another. Hmmmm, I wonder what this would look like? The reason this captives my attention so much is because as the objects roll back in space the edges just softly become black. I love the sense of deep quite space. The way the object sits in front of the background and all the soft edges that disappear.

So today is my third day working as an artist. I found that there was not enough time in the day to complete all that I had set out to do. Maybe after awhile I will get better at estimating time required for various tasks, but for now I feel super excited and wanting to tackle everything with gusto. So I am really tired tonight and am looking forward to going to bed early. Have a great one and see you tomorrow.

UPDATE: Reader Shirley tipped me off that my links were not working. I have now corrected the links.

8 comments:

Patricia Siegel said...

Your work is beautiful. I really enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to following your journey as a full time artist!

Gail said...

I love your art, I just posted on your other blog, for skywatch, have you checked out the Illustration Friday site, it is where you make weekly entries of your art intpertation of a theme.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Gail for stopping by. I was not aware of Illustration Friday, I will have to check it out.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Trish thanks for the encouraging comment, it means a lot.

Mary Anne Cary said...

Elizabeth, I like your artwork. First time I visited, am glad to hear you are taking it on full time. I just started doing it full time myself. Will be looking forward to your comments and experiences.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Mary Anne, thans for stopping by and commenting. Good luck also with going at art fulltime. This first week has really been a joy.

Anonymous said...

this looks very realistic!!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks floreta