Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First Completed Painting as a Fulltime Artist!


Daffodil – 8" x 6" – Oil on Canvas Panel – SOLD

This is my first painting completed as a fulltime artist! My last day at the architecture firm arrived four days earlier than planned and I was elated. Making the most of my time to dedicate to art I used most of my day painting and organizing various projects around the house and my new studio space.

Tomorrow I will go and buy some paint and start transforming the dinning room into a functioning studio space with desk and storage areas. I am going to work at this space over the next two weeks, slowly so I will have time to draw and paint everyday.

6 comments:

I Want To Be An Artist said...

Congratulations! And, what a beautiful painting to start with. I hope that you are going to take before and after pictures to show your studio transformation! I would love to see that!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks! I will take some photos before and after and share them on the blog :-)

Paula Villanova said...

Enjoy this special time! Lovely daffodil!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thanks Paula, it has been a very special few days and I am loving it!

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

A hearty congratulation to you Liz!
You go girl!!!!!!!!!

Jeffrey

Nice painting BTW!!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Thank you Jeffery. Week one completed and it has been magical!